SEO Article Preparation
Steps to take to prepare a result producing SEO Article.
In this first of 3 SEO Lessons we will be taking about how to drive large amounts of traffic to your website through seo article marketing. This is the one of the best ways to bring visitors to your website organically as well as to help raise the page rank of your website and simultaneously show yourself as a subject matter expert. This strategy is time-proven and will have immediate effects. However, before you ever put up an article on the web, there are several steps you must take to maximize on it's effectiveness. This article will talk about the first steps you need to take to prepare to produce quality SEO Articles.
SEO Article Preparation
Day 1: Use the first day to chart out what you want to write about. To help you find the keywords that you want to rank for, use this Keyword Tool provided by Google to assist you. It is important that you write about things people actually want to know about. The best way to do that is to see what is being Googled.
I recommend you choose approximately 25 different topics (keyword terms) related to your field to write on. This may seem like a lot but it also gets your keyword research out of the way and gives you a future to-do list to work from.
At this point you should have a list of article titles (based on subject matter keywords) ready to go. Let me give you an example. We are subject matter experts on the Joomla Content Management System and the design and development of the Joomla CMS. So when doing keyword research on the word "Joomla" we see a list of keywords users are Googling. One of those keyword terms is Joomla Hosting. So we created an article based around that keyword. You will do the same.
Once you have your article topics, get started on your first article. Keep your article to about 500-800 words. If your article is too long you will lose readers. Most people do not have time to read small books. So, keep to the point, provide valuable information and then write your call to action. (We will cover calls to actions in Day 2: SEO Article Formatting).
Once you have decided on your first article to write about based on your first keyword term, create a subtitle to your article. Your subtitle should be a half sentence long. Maybe pose a question.
- The next thing you need to do is to either create for yourself or purchase imagery that best represents your subject matter. We generally use istockphoto.com to purchase royalty free photos. We recommend at least 2 images per article.
- Once you have your topics ready and images that represent those topics, you need to choose "tags" that represent your article. Most article networks or blog software ask you to tag your article with keywords. I suggest you come up with at least 10 but 5 keyword tags will do.
- And finally, you will need to write a small two sentence description of your article. Again, most article ezines or blog platforms ask you for the meta-description of your article. The meta-description is what the search engines will use as a returned results when users are Googling to find what you are writing about.
Keyword Density - Ratio
This is a huge topic to cover of which we will not be able to do in this article. Suffice it to say we want you to mention your keyword a couple of times throughout your article. You want to keep your keyword to text ratio to about 1-2%. This mean if your article is 500 words long, you will mention your keyword naturally approximately 5 times. You really do not want more than this. Otherwise it looks like your article is about the search engines and not your readers. We have mentioned the word SEO 16 times in this article which is a keyword density ratio of approximately 1.8% based on this article having approximately 898 words.
SEO Article Preparation Completed
Here is what you should have completed on day 1:
- Your top 25 keywords you want to rank for - will be used as article titles
- Your first chosen article title - based on your first keyword term
- Your subtitle written
- Your first article content between 500-800 words
- At least 2 images for your article
- At least 5-10 keyword tags that represent your article
- Your meta-description. About a sentence long description of your entire article
That should wrap day 1 SEO Article Preparation up. Day 2 we will be covering the formatting of your SEO Articles and all that entails. If you want to be immediately notified when that article is released, in the top sidebar column to the right you can subscribe to the blog to be instantly notified.