Transferring a website to The Turn Group is a pretty straight forward process for the most part. Most websites can be transferred rather quickly.
There are several ways of transferring a website over to The Turn Group Servers.
- Paid Service - We charge $50 dollars to transfer your website and database for you.
- Free Service - *Purchase a year's worth of hosting upfront, we move your website at no charge.
- Manual Transfer - You can transfer your website manually from your old host to The Turn Group.
In order to migrate a website to The Turn Group, you must have a hosting account with us to transfer your website to. If you do not currently have a hosting account with us, choose from one of the hosting options below to get started.
If you already have an account with us and you are setup on a month-to-month and need to purchase a website migration, login to your account first and then click here. If you have already purchased a years worth of hosting and have decided you want us to migrate a website for you, login to your account first and then click here for our free migration services.
For New Hosting Clients
Once you have chosen a plan, on checkout you will have two options:
Option 1 - Paid Migration
Once you choose a plan that fits your needs, during check out you will have an option of paying per month or per year. If you choose to pay per month, you will need to check the box for the $50 dollar Website Migration addon. Once we have confirmed your purchase, you will get an email from us with the details that we require from you to get the website migration process started.
Option 2 - Free Migration
Once you choose a plan that fits your needs, if you purchase a years worth of hosting services from us, you would check the box for Free Website Migration. Once we have confirmed your purchase, you will get an email from us with the details that we require from you to get the website migration process started.
Option 3 - Manual Migration
Manual migration is for the more experienced user. With The Turn Group, the first step would be to setup a hosting account with us if you do not already have one. Once you have purchased a new hosting account, you will get your cpanel login and ftp login credentials emailed to you.
Step 1 - Getting your new account ready for your website
- Login to your cpanel, click on the "MySQL" icon.
- Create a new database
- Create a new database username and password
- Then assign the new user to the database giving the user full access rights to the database
- Make sure you right down this information every step of the way.
Step 2 - Getting your website ready to migrate
- You will need to access your current hosts control panel to access your files and database
- Access your phpMyAdmin and export your database and save to your computer
- Access your file manager and zip/compress the entire website (generally found in your public_html folder or htdocs folder).
- Download the compressed website zip file to your computer.
Step 3 - Uploading your files to your new account
- Access your new cpanel and click on the phpMyAdmin icon.
- Click on the new database you created
- Import your downloaded database file from your old host
- Go back to the cpanel and access the file manager
- Import your website zip file into the public_html folder
- Once uploaded, extract all files to the public_html folder
- Remove any "install or installation' folder
- Edit your configuration or config.php file with the new database information
- Edit your server path in the config file to /home/cpanelusername/public_html/
- Check to make sure your .htaccess file does not have any redirects in it that would block your website from showing live on the temp url until you switch your domain name DNS over to our servers.
- At this point you should be able to access your website with your temp url you received in your new account setup emails.
*You are entitled to one free migration of one website and one database. There would be a charge if we need to move anything else for you. Also, every hosting server is different. We move hundreds of websites and only 1 out of 60 cause a problem. If a problem arises during the migration, we will contact you to let you know if there is any additional changes, fixes, updates that might need to be done to get the site to work properly. Generally this is not the case.
Let us know if you have any questions and we would be more than happy to help.