Listed below is the "Privay Policy" of The Turn Group. By accessing this website you agree to these terms and policies.
The United States Department of Commerce and the European Commission have agreed on a set of data protection principles and frequently asked questions (the "Safe Harbor Principles") to enable US companies to satisfy the requirement under European Union law that adequate protection be given to personal information transferred from the EU to the United States. The EEA also has recognized the US Safe Harbor as providing adequate data protection (OJ L 45, 15.2.2001, p.47). Consistent with its commitment to protect personal privacy, The Turn Group adheres to the Safe Harbor Principles.
The Turn Group has a Chief Privacy Officer who is responsible for The Turn Group compliance with and enforcement of this policy. The Turn Group also has a Global Director of Data Protection who assists in ensuring compliance with this policy and data security issues. The Turn Group educates its employees, contractors and agents concerning compliance with this policy and has self-assessment procedures in place to assure compliance. The Turn Group Chief Privacy Officer Rodney Liber, and Company Legal Team are available to any of its valued employees, customers, vendors, business partners or others who may have questions concerning this policy or data security practices. Relevant contact information is provided herein.
Personal information collected by The Turn Group from employees and applicants for employment is maintained at its corporate offices in Liberty, Missouri in the United States as well as the local office of the employee or applicant. The Turn Group collects personal information for, among other things, legitimate human resource business reasons such as payroll administration; filling employment positions; administration and operations of its benefit programs; meeting governmental reporting requirements; security, health and safety management; performance management; company network access; and authentication. The Turn Group does not request or gather information regarding political opinions, religion, philosophy or sexual preference. To the extent The Turn Group maintains information on an individual's medical health or ethnicity (as legally required), The Turn Group will protect, secure and use that information in a manner consistent with this Policy and applicable law.
Personal information collected by The Turn Group from prospective customers, consumers, vendors, business partners and others may be maintained at its corporate offices in Liberty, Missouri or at other The Turn Group facilities. The Turn Group collects personal information for, among other things, legitimate business reasons such as customer service; product, warranty and claims administration; meeting governmental reporting and records requirements; maintenance of accurate accounts payable and receivable records; internal marketing research; safety and performance management; financial and sales data; and contact information. All personal information collected by The Turn Group will be used for legitimate business purposes consistent with this policy.
For purposes of this Policy, the following definitions shall apply:
"Agent" means any third party that uses personal information provided by The Turn Group to perform tasks on behalf of or at the instruction of The Turn Group.
"The Turn Group" means The Turn Group, LLC., its predecessors, successors, subsidiaries, divisions and groups.
"Personal information" means any information or set of information that identifies or could be used by or on behalf of The Turn Group to identify an individual. Personal information does not include information that is encoded or anonmized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public personal information.
"Sensitive personal information" means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, trade union membership, or that concerns health. In addition, The Turn Group will treat as sensitive personal information any information received from a third party where that third party treats and identifies the information as sensitive.
The privacy principles in this policy are based on the seven Safe Harbor Principles.
(1) NOTICE: Where The Turn Group collects personal information directly from individuals, it will inform them about the purposes for which it collects and uses personal information about them, the types of non-agent third parties to which The Turn Group discloses that information, and the choices and means, if any, The Turn Group offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their personal information. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide personal information to The Turn Group, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before The Turn Group uses the information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected. The Turn Group may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or to protect and defend the rights or property of The Turn Group. The Turn Group may also share personal information with employee's, partners, contractors or any agent The Turn Group uses to complete your project without notice.
(2) CHOICE: The Turn Group will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt-out) whether their personal information is (a) to be disclosed to a non-agent third party, or (b) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
For sensitive personal information, The Turn Group will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively and explicitly (opt-in) consent to the disclosure of the information to a non-agent third party or the use of the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
The Turn Group will provide individuals with reasonable mechanisms to exercise their choices should requisite circumstances arise.
(3) DATA INTEGRITY: The Turn Group will usepersonal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. The Turn Group will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
(4) TRANSFERS TO AGENTS: The Turn Group will obtain assurances from its Agents that they will safeguard personal information consistently with this policy. Examples of appropriate assurances that may be provided by Agents include: a contract obligating the Agent to provide at least the same level of protection as is required by the relevant Safe Harbor Principles, being subject to EU Directive 95/46/EC (the EU Data Protection Directive), Safe Harbor certification by the Agent, or being subject to another European Commission adequacy finding (e.g., companies located in Switzerland). Where The Turn Group has knowledge that an Agent is using or disclosing personal information in a manner contrary to this policy, The Turn Group will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure. The Turn Group holds it Agents accountable for maintaining the trust our employees and customers place in the company.
(5) ACCESS AND CORRECTION: Upon request, The Turn Group will grant individuals reasonable access to personal information that it holds about them. In addition, The Turn Group will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. Any employees that desire to review or update their personal information can do so by contacting their local Human Resources Representative.
(6) SECURITY: The Turn Group will take reasonable precautions to protect personal information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. The Turn Group protects data in many ways. Physical security is designed to prevent unauthorized access to database equipment and hard copies of sensitive personal information. Electronic security measures continuously monitor access to our servers and provide protection from hacking or other unauthorized access from remote locations. This protection includes the use of firewalls, restricted access and encryption technology. The Turn Group limits access to personal information and data to those persons in The Turn Group organization, or as agents of The Turn Group, that have a specific business purpose for maintaining and processing such personal information and data. Individuals who have been granted access to personal information are aware of their responsibilities to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of that information and have been provided training and instruction on how to do so.
(7) ENFORCEMENT: The Turn Group will conduct compliance audits of its relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this policy and the US Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Principles. Any employee that The Turn Group determines is in violation of this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of personal information should be directed to the The Turn Group Privacy Office at the address given below. The Turn Group will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this policy. For complaints that cannot be resolved between The Turn Group and the complainant, The Turn Group has agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures of the panel established by the European data protection authorities to resolve disputes pursuant to the Safe Harbor Principles.
The Turn Group sees the Internet, intranets and the use of other technologies as valuable tools for communicating and interacting with consumers, employees, vendors, business partners and others. The Turn Group recognizes the importance of maintaining the privacy of personal information collected through websites that it operates. The Turn Group sole purpose for operating its websites is to provide information concerning products and services to the public.
In general, visitors can reach The Turn Group on the web without revealing any personal information. Visitors on the web may elect to voluntarily provide personal information via The Turn Group website but are not required to do so. The Turn Group collects information from visitors to the website who voluntarily provide personal information by filling out and submitting online questionnaires concerning feedback on the website, requesting information on products or services, or seeking employment. The personal information voluntarily provided by website users is contact information limited to the user's name, home and/or business address, phone numbers and email address. The Turn Group collects this information so it may answer questions and forward requested information. The Turn Group does not sell or share this information with non-agent third parties.
The Turn Group may also collect anonymous information concerning website users through the use of "cookies" and or the visitors IP aadress in order to provide better customer service and site tracking. "Cookies" are small files that websites place on users' computers to identify the user and enhance the website experience. Visitors may set their browsers to provide notice before they receive a cookie, giving the opportunity to decide whether to accept the cookie. Visitors can also set their browsers to turn off cookies. If visitors do so, however, some areas of The Turn Group website may not function properly.
Few, if any, of The Turn Group websites are directed toward children. Nevertheless, The Turn Group is committed to complying with applicable laws and requirements, such as the United States' Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA").
The Turn Group website users have the option to request that The Turn Group not use information previously provided, correct information previously provided, or remove information previously provided to The Turn Group Those that would like to correct or suppress information they have provided to The Turn Group should forward such inquiries to:
The Turn Group, LLC
Attn: Privacy Department
1855 Bent Oaks Dr
Liberty, MO 64068
Note: The Turn Group reserves the right to not delete any information provided to The Turn Group sent digitally via email, website entry or verbal correspondence.
The inquiries should include the individual's name, address, and other relevant contact information (phone number, email address). The Turn Group will use all reasonable efforts to honor such requests as quickly as possible.
The Turn Group websites may contain links to other "non-The Turn Group" websites. The Turn Group assumes no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices on those websites. The Turn Group encourages all users to read the privacy statements of those sites; their privacy practices may differ from those of The Turn Group.
The practices described in this policy are current personal data protection policies as of 12/1/16. The Turn Group reserves the right to modify or amend this policy at any time consistent with the requirements of the Safe Harbor Principles. The Turn Group reserves the right to not inform you of any changes to this policy. We recommend you check this page frequently.