Pre-Purchased Joomla Template Frequently asked Questions
What do I need to know before I purchase a Joomla Template?
Before you purchase a Joomla Template, we would suggest you give us a call or request a quote. The reason for this is because we can help you navigate the "New Website" waters and help answer questions or give advice you might not have thought of yet.
Some of the other questions we will ask you are:
- Do you have a hosting account? If not, check out our Joomla Hosting Services specifically built and tweaked for Joomla Templates.
- Do you have a logo? If not, check out our Custom Logo Design Services and see your available options.
- Will you want rotating banners on the home page?
- Will you want banners on your content pages
- Do you have your content ready, do you still need to create it or do you need help?
- Do you know how many pages you will need?
- Will you need any SEO for your Joomla Template?
- Do you have any social accounts you want integrated?
- What is your time line for project completion?
If you have read this entire page and you have everything you need including your template, then follow the instructions below.
- Send us a Joomla Template Quote Request and in detail let us know what you need.
- Let us know what template you purchased/or want to purchase - Template provider and name of template.
- If you have an existing Joomla website or domain name, please include that.
- Let us know what your logo and hosting account situation is and what you need on this front.
- Let us know how many pages you need, any forms, or what functionality you need.
- We will take all your information and get you out a Quote Response.
Once the quote response is accepted by you, we will let you know what the next steps are.
Which Joomla Template Framework should I choose?
This is a great question because each Joomla Template is built on a different framework. The framework of a template is what makes the template responsive, load fast as well as providing mobile and tablet support.
We have found this to be the most flexible framework while maintaining it's "lightness" when it comes to the code that has to load. Simply put, the Warp Framework is less taxing on your hosting server thus loading your website faster.
However, there are other choices. To view all of the available Frameworks for Joomla, click here.
What are the Pro's and Con's of using a Joomla Template versus a Custom Design?
- Save on design cost
- Save on development cost
- 2 minute install
- Already responsive
- Takes days to configure and customize
- Some templates are mobile ready
- Multiple theme options to choose from
- Looks like a template
- Thousand others may have your same template
- Limited by pre-built module locations
- Heavy on unnecessary code
- Can require lots of modifications
- Modification cost can exceed new design cost
- Code and CSS may not validate
- Get your own unique look and feel
- Setup your site exactly how you want it
- No unnecessary code or scripts
- Code and CSS can completely validate
- Easier to edit for SEO purposes
- Choice of Framework to build it on
- Easily updateable
- Design costs can be steep
- Development costs can be steep
- Takes months to build
- Not as flexible as a template
- Must code responsiveness
- Must code mobile apps
- Changes can cost more money
Where can I find FREE Joomla Templates?
There are several resources for Joomla Templates. Here are just a few that we found when we searched the term on Google "Free Joomla Templates". Before you purchase or download a free Joomla Template might I suggest you contact us first just to discuss your plans. We have some suggestions that will help you in your search. Not all Joomla Templates are created equal...Good Hunting!
- YooTheme Free Templates
- RocketTheme Free Templates
- JoomlArt Free Templates
- SiteGround Free Templates
- JoomlaShack Free Templates
View all Joomla Templates Providers